There are following possibilities:
1. Sensitivity is too low, or Threshold too high.
2. Most third-party cameras will not have the full capabilities, like motion detection, to work.
3. Check if firmware of Recorder and IP camera is current.
4. Ensure motion detect is enabled on each camera, applied and saved.
5.Period setup is not correct.
6. Motion detection region setup is not correct.
Here on the region settings you have a total of 4 regions you can set for each camera view. In each region you can set the sensitivity and threshold at different levels.
The regions are numbered reigion 1 - 4. Each numbered region has a corresponding color as follows:
Region 1 is red
Region 2 is yellow
Region 3 is blue
Region 4 is green
Here is an info-graphic explaining sensitivity and threshold:
7. Try defaulting camera settings.
8. If it is an IP Camera login in via web and try defaulting from there to see if defaulting fixes the issue.
9. Ensure enable and record is checked off applied and saved.
10. Ensure the schedule is set for motion recording.Motion