This article shows you how to default the access controller unit to factory settings.
1. ASC1204C / ASC1204B - Firmware must be newer than 10/29/2015.
2. Computer with ConfigTool software installed.
Step by Step Instruction
1. Launch your ConfigTool software to confirm the firmware of Access Controller.
Note: If the firmware is older than 10/29/2015, you must perform a firmware update first.
2. Locate the DIP switch on the Access Controller, and turn on DIP switch number 1, 3, 5, and 7.
3. Reboot the device by unplugging the unit from the power, or using SmartPSS software.
4. Wait until the unit completely boots back up, and then turn off DIP switch number 1, 3, 5, and 7.
5. Reboot the device again.
6. Your access controller is now set to factory default settings.
IP Address: 192.168.0.2 Username: admin Password: 123456