How To Upgrade Firmware In VDPConfig?
This guide will show you how to upgrade the firmware of a device using VDPConfig
- Windows PC.
- Dahua Toolbox
- VDP Config
- Dahua video intercom device on the same LAN as the PC
Step by Step Instructions
1. Open DahuaToolbox and click Open next to VDPConfig
2. Click the Upgrade icon on the left (Arrow)
3. Click Search Setting
4. Enter the password for the device then click OK
The window may refresh after entering a password
5. Check the box next to the device you wish to upgrade then click Browser to locate the firmware file
6. Use the window that appears to locate the firmware file
7. Click Upgrade
8. Upgrade Setup window will appear
Set Upgrade Type to Main Program
Clear Config must be enabled.
Check the box next Clear Config then click OK to begin the upgrade
9. The upgrade status will display via a progress bar
When the firmware upgrade is complete a green checkmark will appear next to the device
Last update: 2020-08-31 17:46
How to set up the view type on the 2nd display monitor with Dahua XVR/NVR?
This guide shows you how to enable the 2nd monitor and set up the view type for it.
Step 1 Select Main Menu > DISPLAY > Display. The DISPLAY interface is displayed. To use the 2nd output, we need to enable extra Screen here.
You can configure the display effect such as displaying time title and channel title, adjusting image transparency, and selecting the resolution.
Note: View type setup for 2nd Screen is tricky, we need to use TOUR function.
Enable it and select (1/4/8/9/16) types on Window Split.
Choose the camera group as u need. And set Interval to 120 as max.
Click OK to apply the setting.
Last update: 2020-05-12 21:34
How to add Dahua NVR/XVR to DSS Express
This is a guide for How to Add Dahua DVR or NVR.
- DSS Express
- Connected network
1. Go to Homepage➞Management ➞ Device
2. Click Add
3. Select the Register Mode (IP Address or SN)
4. Enter the Device Name, SN or IP Address, Username, Password
5. Click Add
Last update: 2020-05-07 15:48
How to setup Tour in Dahua recorder?
You can configure a tour of selected channels to repeat playing videos. The videos display in turn according to the channel group configured in tour settings. The system displays one channel group for a certain period and then automatically changes to the next channel group
Step 1 Select Main Menu > DISPLAY > Tour.
The Tour interface is displayed. See Figure
On the top right of the live view screen, use the left mouse button or press Shift to switchand to turn on/off the tour function
On the navidation bar,click to enable the tour and click to disable it
Step 2 Configure the settings for the tour parameters. See Table
||Enable tour function
||Enter the amount of time that you want each channel group displays
on the screen. The value ranges from 5 seconds to 120 seconds, and
the default value is 5 seconds
|Select the View 1 or View 8 for Motion Detect tour and Alarm Tour
(system alarm events).
||In the Window Split list, select View 1, View 4, View 8, or other
modes that are supported by the Device.
Display all channel groups under the current Window Split setting.
- Add a channel group: Click Add, in the pop-up Add Group
channel, select the channels to form a group, and then click
- Delete a channel group: Select the check box of any channel
group, and then click Delete.
- Edit a channel group: Select the check box of any channel group
and then click Modify, or double-click on the group. The Modify
Channel Group dialog box is displayed. You can regroup the
- Click Move up or Move down to adjust the position of channel
Step 3 Click Apply to save the settings.
Last update: 2020-05-06 21:18
How to add IP camera to XVR
You can configure the channel type as Analog or IP channel.
Step 1 Select Main Menu > CAMERA > CHANNEL TYPE.
The CHANNEL TYPE interface is displayed.
Step 2 Configure the channels.
You can enable the IP channels by disabling the corresponding analog
channels. The Device also provides expanded IP channels for your use, such as
the 17–32 channels
- The 17–32 channels are only for IP camera and the range changes dependent on
the model you purchased.
- The channel selection for analog camera or IP camera are in sequence, for example, if you want to select channels for IP camera, you need to select from the last channel number Channel 16 first, which means, you cannot jump to select the channel 15 directly until you have selected the channel 16.
Step 3 Click Apply and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the settings
Step 4 Select Main Menu > CAMERA > REGISTRATION > Registration, the Registration interface is displayed.
||Enable the Uninitialized function, the uninitialized devices out of the
searched devices are displayed in the searched device list.
||Select the uninitialized device from the uninitialized device list, and
the click Initialize to start initializing device
In the Show Filter list, select the remote device type that you want to
display in the searched device list.
- None: Display all types of devices.
- IPC: Display the front-end devices.
- DVR: Display all storage devices such as NVR, DVR and HCVR.
- OTHER: Display the devices that do not belong to IPC or DVR
|Displays the searched devices. You can view the device information
such as status, IP address.
||Click Device Search, the searched devices display in the searched
To adjust the display sequence, in the title line, you can click the IP
address, Manufacturer, Type, MAC Address, Port, or Device Name
||In the Searched Device List area, select the device that you want to
||Add the device by manually configuring settings such as IP address,
channel selection. For details, see "18.104.22.168 Adding Remote Devices
Step 5 Adding Remote Devices Automatically
On the Registration interface, click Device Search.
The searched devices are displayed
Select the check box of the device.
Last update: 2020-05-07 15:49
How to Setup Tripwire/Intrusion in XVR-I?
1. Select Main Menu > AI > Parameters > IVS.
2. Select the Channel number to configure from the Channel list
3. Click Add. A new line of rule will be created.
4. Select the Type on the rule line.
5. Click Draw.