Door Controller Setup
This article will go over the basics of setting up Users and Access Rights for the Four Door Controller
There's two steps involved in the this process
- Creating a User
- Creating Door Lists to grant access to the users
In this example we used the DHI-ASC1204B four door controller with four of our Dahua card readers, and a generic Mifare 13.56MHz key fob
- DHI-ASC1204B or DHI-ASC1204C
- Card Readers
- SmartPSS v2.02
- Mifare IC Cards 13.56MHz
Step by Step Instructions
Step One: Adding the Four Door Controller to SmartPSS and Creating a User
- We need to add the Controller to SmartPSS so open SmartPSS and click on "Add"
- By default the controller will have an IP Address of 192.168.0.2, username:admin, password:123456. We changed the default with Configtool to get it on the network
- Open a new tab by clicking on the "+" icon at the top bar and go to "Access"
- You should now see the active doors, We need to create a User so click on the "User" tab.
- Click on the Manual Add icon and a pop-up window will come up
- Input the information you want on the user, now select drop-down menu
- You can use one of the reader to enroll a card so select the reader you'd like to use
- The box says "Card Reader not ready" but it's okay just scan the card and the number should populate on the box
- As you can see the number populated and you may also input an unlock code if your reader has a number pad
Step Two: Creating a door list and granting access to users
- Go to the Access Control tab and click on "Access Level"
- Click on "Add" and select the doors you want on the list, save it when you're done
- You should now see the door list populate on the left, click on the "user" icon and a pop-up window will come up, select the department where the user is under
- The user will come up and click on the check box, the user will now be added to the door list. Click on "Save"
- Wait for the rights to transfer to the controller
- User now has access to open the doors